EH Smith are committed to supplying Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) compliance in all of our websites, and the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. This is a legal requirement of all websites in the UK.
Our pages are designed so that they can be viewed at the standard screen resolution of 800 x 600 pixels and page structure is conveyed using header elements.
Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) and Divs to replace Traditional Tables are used with relative font sizes on all text with the exception of graphical text.
Text can be increased or decreased in size by using the "view" option in your browser or by holding the ‘Alt’ key and using your Mouse Wheel.
All important Images have alternative text. Images used for decorative purposes have the alternative text left blank.
The site has been tested to ensure that it is accessible in a wide range of browsers
On each page a 'skip to main content' link allows direct access past the navigation bars to the page's main content, which should make navigation easier if you are using the keyboard or other input device to browse.
- ALT - 0 (enter) Accessibility statement
- ALT - 1 (enter) Home
- ALT - 2 (enter) The System
- ALT - 3 (enter) The Benefits
- ALT - 4 (enter) The Simplicity
- ALT - 5 (enter) Construction
- ALT - 6 (enter) Green Credentials
- ALT - 7 (enter) U Value Calculator
- ALT - 8 (enter) Cost Calculator
- ALT - 9 (enter) Contact
- ALT - S (enter) Skip to main content
- ALT - M (enter) Main navigation
Firefox and Netscape*
- ALT - 0 Accessibility statement
- ALT - 1 Home
- ALT - 2 The System
- ALT - 3 The Benefits
- ALT - 4 The Simplicity
- ALT - 5 Construction
- ALT - 6 Green Credentials
- ALT - 7 U Value Calculator
- ALT - 8 Cost Calculator
- ALT - 9 Contact
- ALT - S Skip to main content
- ALT - M Main navigation
* Firefox 2.0 uses SHIFT + ALT + access key.
Apple Mac Systems
- CTRL - 0 Accessibility statement
- CTRL - 1 Home
- CTRL - 2 The System
- CTRL - 3 The Benefits
- CTRL - 4 The Simplicity
- CTRL - 5 Construction
- CTRL - 6 Green Credentials
- CTRL - 7 U Value Calculator
- CTRL - 8 Cost Calculator
- CTRL - 9 Contact
- CTRL - S Skip to main content
- CTRL - M Main navigation
- All HTML should validate as XHTML 1.0 Transitional using the W3C markup validator
- All stylesheets should validate using W3C CSS validator
- All pages should comply with our interpretation of all relevant priority 1,2 and 3 Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
Further Reading & Information
To learn more about web accessibility visit the RNIB Web Access Centre Click here
To obtain a copy of the screen reader JAWS Click here
We have made every effort to ensure that this site is accessible to all. Should you encounter any issues in your use of the site, we would be grateful if you would make us aware of them.
tel: 0800 634 2266